Please listen to the tracks below to help you with your parts! Also, below you will find a copy of the February Calendar! Bring your scripts to rehearsal, and come prepared! Listen to your song/read your script before you come to rehearsal!
Our first rehearsal/read-thru will be on Thursday, January 31 until 4:00pm!
After the first rehearsal, most ALL-CAST rehearsals will be on Mondays until 4:00pm until closer to the performance. Lead roles will rehearse other days of the week, as well as on Mondays. You will be given a schedule on Thursday so that you will know what days/times you will need to come after school to rehearse your part!
Coming to North Jackson Elementary on April 26 & 27!
- Fill out the Audition Form (see below). Fill it out with a parent/guardian, and have it signed. Turn this in to Mrs. Lucas. If you do not want a lead role, you are done! Wait for further information, and then come to all FULL CAST rehearsals!
2. If you are interested in a lead role (see below for a complete list), choose the role you think best suits you, and PREPARE that role’s audition BEFORE coming to audition.
3. Below you will find materials to audition for each lead role. Each role has both a singing and speaking part to prepare (except for Triton, who only speaks). You will find the visual copy first, followed by an audio clip of the music to help you learn your part.
4. Sign up for an Audition Time on Mrs. Lucas’ door. Auditions will be on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday the week of January 22-25!
*Notice, some roles are specifically for girls, and some are specifically for boys. There are 3 that could be EITHER girls or boys!
“Part of Your World”
2. Mersisters (There are 6 different Mersisters!)
“She’s in Love”
“Daughters of Triton”
“Poor Unfortunate Souls”
1. Prince Eric
“One Step Closer”
2. King Triton
“Under the Sea”
“Kiss the Girl”
7. Chef Louis
BOY OR GIRL ROLES:
“She’s in Love”
3. Flotsam and Jetsam
“Poor Unfortunate Souls”
Here is a copy of the script and all of the song lyrics, so that it is easier to learn!
Kindergarten will perform and ALL GRADES will sing, “The Waltz of the Flowers.” You can hear it below:
1st Grade will perform the “March of the Toy Soldiers.” You can hear it below:
2nd Grade will perform the “Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy.” You can hear it below:
3rd Grade will perform the “Dance of the Reed Flutes.” You can hear it below:
4th Grade will perform the “Arabian Dance.” You can hear it below:
5th Grade will perform the “Chinese Dance.” You can hear it below:
6th Grade will perform the “Russian Dance.” You can hear it below:
The first week of school, all students in grades 3-6 at North Jackson were asked to answer 5 questions: What is music? Where do you find music? When do you hear music? Who makes music? Why is music important? Using only their words, I created a powerpoint that will let you view their thoughts. This is better than any advertisement any teacher could produce for music education, because it was done by students. Check it out below!
Coming soon to North Jackson Elementary!
YOUR opportunity to be part of an amazing cast as we prepare to perform Schoolhouse Rock Live, Jr!!
Audition materials are posted under the School House Rock Live, Jr. page under the navigation bar to the left. Materials can also be obtained at school! Come see Mrs. Lucas for any questions! Can’t wait to get started!
Here is a link to the music for All-State, so that you may learn your part and be ready for that first rehearsal! Just make sure you listen to the correct part (1 or 2!)
To help you prepare for All-State Auditions, I have included rehearsal tracks that walk you through all parts of the audition in the “All-State Information” part of the website!
Learning your part before you come to audition is so important! At the audition, we want to work on fine-tuning the musical details, not spending time learning the notes!
Welcome to Mrs. Lucas’s website! Here you’ll find all the resources we talk about in class.
Use the Navigation to the right to access the different sections of the site. Let me know if you have any problems using our website!